Cliche
Cliche; an adjective but not a noun. Most stories I come across have plots that are cliched. They’re simply too predictable, which is something that is lacking in my life. Why you might ask? Well I can answer that in one word, anxiety. It's always made my life more of an experiment than anything. There isn’t a doctors appointment where I don’t hear “Well Alicia, that didn’t work so maybe we should try this?”. It just makes each day more feel more impossible than the last. The feeling of constant worrying and like your heart is going to explode is one I wouldn’t wish on anyone.
“Alicia?”
I looked around to see who called me only to realize the movie was over and my family was already walking towards the door. I grabbed my trash rushing to catch up. As I walked behind my family I remembered how much they meant to me. They are the reason I keep going, the reason I don’t give up. If I ever lost those two parents whose love never stopped or those two rambunctious little brothers I don’t know what I would do without them.
Snapping out of my daydream I realized I needed to catch up to my family before I got left behind. They were already going towards the car while I was still on the other side of the huge glass doors. I said behind just to watch my source of happiness a little longer. But something didn’t seem right. I suddenly felt anxious as I saw two strange men walk up to my family.
BANG!BANG!BANG!
I fell to the floor in disbelief of what I had just witnessed. Just four shots and they were gone. It couldn’t be true but it is and there’s nothing I can do about it.
Comments
Post a Comment